Dynamic vs. Static Wrinkles
Dynamic wrinkles occur when you use your muscles to form facial expressions. For example, when you smile your eye wrinkles become prominent. When you frown, the vertical lines between your eyebrows become noticeable. When we are young, our skin springs back to its original position after making these facial gestures, but as we get older these dynamic wrinkles stay on the skin. They are now called static wrinkles. Anti-wrinkle injections (also known as Wrinkle Relaxers) gently relax the muscles responsible for the dynamic wrinkles & in time, will prevent the formation of static wrinkles in the treatment areas.
Static wrinkles are the folds and lines that are present when we’re not forming facial expressions. They often appear as our skin ages & we lose precious substances like collagen, elastin & hyaluronic acid which are important in maintaining normal skin integrity. In addition to normal ageing, we are exposed to various external factors that also contribute to skin deterioration. These include sun exposure, pollution, unhealthy diet, poor sleep & smoking. Cosmetic injections like Wrinkle Fillers (Dermal Fillers) & PRP can keep your face & skin looking refreshed & full of life by softening static lines & wrinkles & improving skin health & hydration.
The TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) regulations prohibit the promotion or advertising of prescription medication, their trading names or their active substances. In accordance with their guidelines, we are only able to provide general information on the treatments & their clinical outcomes. Please do not hesitate to contact the studio if you require any further information.
Anti-wrinkle Injections (Wrinkle Relaxers)
Wrinkle relaxing injections in Perth have become one of the most popular cosmetic treatments for facial rejuvenation. They are an effective solution to erase those facial lines & wrinkles that are created by the repeated movement of the muscles of facial expression.
Anti-Wrinkle Injections Perth
Dynamic facial wrinkles are caused by contractions of the delicate muscles of the face every time you express emotion. Over a period of time, as we age, these lines can develop into static lines, becoming visible even when we are not moving the muscles. The more expressive you are, the deeper these wrinkles & lines are likely to be. These lines may be misinterpreted as anger, anxiety, fatigue and aging. Wrinkle relaxing injections create a more youthful & relaxed appearance by precisely relaxing the facial muscles responsible for these unpleasant facial lines. Our experienced cosmetic injectors will ensure that you maintain normal facial expression.
A wrinkle relaxer is a purified protein that is injected with a tiny needle into the muscles responsible for the formation of expression lines & wrinkles on the face & neck. There is minimal or no downtime. The results will begin to appear at 2 – 3 days with maximum effect at 10 – 14 days. The effect of the wrinkle relaxant is long-lasting, but not permanent.
Commonly treated conditions include:
- Frown & Forehead Lines
- Squint lines around the eyes (crow’s feet)
- Chin Dimpling
- Brow Droop
- Downturned Mouth
- Nasal Scrunch (‘bunny lines’ on nose)
- Jawline & Neck Sag (Nefertiti Lift) (link to Nefertiti Lift)
- Masseter Hypertrophy (Jawline Reshaping) (link to Jawline Reshaping)
- Anti- Sweating Injections (link to Anti-Sweating section)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What are Perth Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
- Anti-wrinkle injections utilise a naturally occurring protein extract from the botulism bacteria that is administered in small levels for cosmetic use.
- This protein is also extensively used in the medical treatment of excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis), migraine & even walking problems in children with cerebral palsy.
- They are designed to reduce lines and wrinkles created by the muscles of facial expression. The target muscles are temporarily relaxed leading to a softening of the lines or wrinkles overlying the muscles. The result is a relaxed and refreshed appearance rather than a look of disapproval or anger.
- The growing acceptance of anti-wrinkle treatments has led to one particular brand almost becoming the byword for the whole category of anti-wrinkle treatments – much like the way we may use the term ‘Panadol’ instead of Paracetamol when referring to this group of pain relief medication. In fact there are three different brands of anti-wrinkle treatments approved for cosmetic use by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration). They are all safe & effective & have been extensively studied. There are no ‘generic’ anti-wrinkle injections.
- The dose of Anti-Wrinkle Injections is measured in units. However, it is important to note that the unit doses between the 3 brands are not interchangeable and cannot be compared.
- The dose will also vary with the individual depending on the severity of their lines and extent of their muscle movement.
Question: What is the difference between Perth Anti-Wrinkle Injections and Fillers?
- Anti-wrinkle treatment/injections are muscle relaxants used to correct lines and wrinkles overlying muscles of facial expression. They can also assist in the correction of brow droop, jawline sag & other medical conditions.
- Dermal fillers are used to plump or smooth lines and wrinkles, enhance lips and restore volume or contour cheeks & face.
Question: Which areas are commonly treated?
- Anti-wrinkle treatments are most commonly used for the treatment of the vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows, often called ‘frown lines’. The presence of frown lines can have a psychological impact on people – many people notice being considered angry or worried when they are not. By reversing or improving the appearance of these lines it can have a positive effect on an individual’s perception of oneself.
- Anti-wrinkle injections can also be used in the area around the eyes known as ‘crow’s feet’ and the lines on the forehead known as ‘worry’ lines.
- They can also assist in the correction of brow droop & jawline sag.
Question: Is there any reason why I would not be able to have a Perth Anti-Wrinkle Treatment?
- A previous allergic reaction to the product or any of its ingredients.
- Certain medical conditions can interfere with the treatment.
- Infection in the location of the proposed injection site.
- If you are Pregnant or Breastfeeding.
Question: How will I know if I am a suitable candidate for Perth Anti-Wrinkle Treatments?
- Our experienced clinicians will discuss your cosmetic expectations and whether Anti-Wrinkle Injections will achieve this outcome.
- You will be thoroughly assessed with your face at rest and with expression to determine the best treatment course for you.
Question: What do Perth Anti-Wrinkle Injections feel like?
- A small amount of fluid is injected with a fine needle into the belly of the target muscle. Pain is minimal & brief, with usually no anaesthetic required.
- Ice can be applied immediately prior to treatment to help reduce discomfort.
Question: What should I be aware of after having a Perth Anti-Wrinkle Treatment?
- You should avoid putting pressure or massaging the treatment area for at least 4 hours post treatment.
- No lying down for 4 hours post treatment.
- No vigorous exercise on the day of your treatment.
- There may be transient pain, bruising, swelling, itchiness or redness at the site of injection.
Question: What results can I expect from Perth Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
- You should expect to have relaxed lines and the skin around the treated area should appear smoother.
- You will still be able to laugh and smile, just with less wrinkling of the skin in the treated areas.
- The time it takes for results to become visible after anti-wrinkle treatments/injections will vary with the individual.
- Cosmetic results can be seen within a week. However, maximum effect can take 14 days. A follow-up appointment after your first Anti-Wrinkle treatment is arranged for 2 weeks post injection.
- The duration of effect will also vary with the individual. On average, results can last at least 4 months.
- Side effects like brow droop & eyelid ptosis are very uncommon & are less likely to occur if treated by an experienced clinician in an appropriate medical facility.
Question: If I am considering a Perth Anti-Wrinkle treatment how should I prepare?
- Research a reputable cosmetic medical clinic with experienced clinicians. Do not be seduced by glossy adverts or discount incentives. The old adage buyer beware also applies to the cosmetic industry. You are seeking a medical treatment that has significant medical consequences if administered incorrectly by an inexperienced injector.
- About Face Cosmetic Studio is a long established cosmetic rejuvenation centre in Perth. Our cosmetic injectors have extensive experience in the field of cosmetic medicine & skin rejuvenation.
- Client satisfaction is our utmost priority ensuring you feel minimal discomfort & see results that match your expectation. Studies show that the large majority of patients are satisfied or very satisfied with aesthetic outcomes of Anti-Wrinkle treatments. Some even find the results surpass expectations & most people want to continue treatment.
Nefertiti Neck Lift
The Nefertiti Neck Lift specifically targets the neck & jawline area utilising anti-wrinkle injections (muscle relaxers) for a rejuvenating & uplifting effect. It is named after the Egyptian Queen Nefertiti known for her smooth neck & sculptured jawline.
This treatment involves the precise injection of the muscle relaxant solution along the lower jawline & into the ‘bands’ of the platysma muscle in the neck area. When these muscles are relaxed, the net effect is an upward pull from the facial muscles, creating a younger looking jawline and tightening of loose neck skin.
Jawline Reshaping (Masseter Reduction)
Jawline reshaping is a specialised technique where Anti-Wrinkle injections are placed into the muscles of the jaw (masseters) to reduce their size & improve facial proportions. While a strong, square jawline can be distinctly masculine & desirable in male patients, many female patients are seeking a softer more feminised shape to their face. By reducing the width of the jawline, an overly square jawline becomes a more attractive oval or heart shaped face. Certain ethnicities are prone to overly square facial features. Alternatively, some personal habits can directly attribute to enlarged jaw muscles (masseters). Excessive gum chewing or grinding your teeth as night can enlarge your masseters as well.
Treatment in this area with Anti-Wrinkle injections is virtually pain free & bruise free. You will typically notice softening of the masseter muscle at one week and softening of the jawline at 6 weeks. The results may last 6 months or longer.
Young skin is smooth, elastic and contains a large amount of hyaluronic acid which helps the skin look healthy. As we get older, the ability of the skin to produce collagen and hyaluronic acid decreases and the quantity in our skin begins to reduce. Collagen provides structure to our skin whilst hyaluronic acid promotes skin volume, hydration and vitality. This deterioration in collagen and hyaluronic acid results in facial lines and wrinkles as the skin and lips lose elasticity, firmness and volume.
The most popular dermal fillers are based on a polysaccharide – a naturally occurring substance. These dermal fillers come in the form of a clear, biodegradable hyaluronic acid gel which is injected into the superficial layer of skin to have an immediate smoothing and plumping effect on the skin tissue. Fine lines and wrinkles diminish or disappear and lip volume is enhanced or restored. These fillers can restore a smoother, more youthful appearance as they naturally bind with the water in your skin to lift and give new firmness. They are safe, natural and effective with immediate results.
Common Treatment Areas include:
- Smile Lines (Nasolabial Lines)
- Puppet or Marionette Lines
- Lip Lines
- Lip Border and Volume
- Hydration for fine lines and crepiness on the face, neck, chest or hands
- Tear Troughs and Dark Circles
- Temple Hollows
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do Dermal Fillers Perth work?
- Dermal fillers are a smooth, injectable gel made from a naturally occurring sugar complex. The gel combines with the collagen & elastin in our skin to provide structure, elasticity & volume.
- This sugar complex also assists in skin hydration by attracting & binding water.
Question: What does a Dermal Filler treatment feel like?
- The filler is injected through a very fine needle or cannula with minimal discomfort. Topical anaesthetic is not required. Ice may be applied to the injection site prior to treatment to enhance comfort levels.
- Most filler products have additional local anaesthetic in the gel.
- Injections around the mouth or in the lips are more sensitive. Usually these treatments are performed with a ‘dental block’ anaesthetic. Sensation will return to normal in approximately 20 minutes.
Question: What are the aftercare requirements following injectable treatment with Perth Dermal Fillers?
- During the first 24 – 48 hours after treatment you may experience redness, swelling & tenderness in the treated areas. This is normal & will pass quickly.
- You may apply cool compresses to the treated areas to relieve swelling & possible bruising.
- It is best if you are able to keep treated areas free of cosmetics & avoid using skin care with active ingredients like AHAs or retinoids.
- You may apply light water based makeup where necessary. We recommend OXYGENETIX oxygenating foundation & moisturiser as it has unique healing & protective properties & provides excellent coverage.
- Should you feel or see any lumps in the treated areas once swelling has subsided it is recommended that you gently massage the area carefully with clean fingers.
- Do not have facials, facial waxing or AHA peels for 10 – 14 days after your treatment.
Question: What results can I expect from Perth Dermal Fillers?
- The cosmetic effect from dermal filler treatment is evident immediately, however, true results are seen in 2 – 3 weeks when swelling has settled & the product has integrated into the tissue of the face.
Dermal Fillers Perth can last between 6 – 24 months depending on the type of product used & the facial area treated. During your consultation your cosmetic practitioner will advise you how often treatment will be required to maintain your desired effect.
Injectable fillers are also popular for the ‘volumising’ treatment of deeper grooves & facial contours. Deeper grooves or depressions in the face can arise due to the natural sag of tissues with age. Thicker versions of the superficial dermal fillers may be employed. The filler is placed more deeply under the skin & in a larger volume. When volume is replenished, your profile is naturally enhanced & your appearance is pleasantly improved.
These deep fillers are also ideal for the treatment of facial hollows & improvement of facial contours (cheekbones, jawline, chin, nasal bridge). They can be injected in the deeper layers of the skin or near the surface of the underlying bone to plump up a broad expanse of tissue & create a more attractive contour.
A Liquid Facelift utilises dermal filler technology with or without muscle relaxants to rejuvenate the face as a whole. This will achieve a gentle and refreshing lift without surgery.
Fillers are also effective in correcting dark eye circles or under eye hollows. These ‘hollows’ are also known as Tear Troughs. They result from volume loss in the lower eye area and appear darker due to the reflection of light. A fuller more contoured look in the under eye area can be achieved by tiny injections of hyaluronic acid gel. This replenishes the lost soft tissue volume resulting in a younger and fresh appearance.
Occasionally, localised swelling and bruising can occur after this procedure. It is also very important a highly skilled and reputable cosmetic practitioner performs this treatment as an inexperienced practitioner who performs this treatment and novice cosmetic injectors may place the filler too superficially. This may result in prolonged swelling or a bluish hue.
In Australia, a new dermal filler is available that has been specially formulated to treat the tear trough area. It continues to work long after the injection treatment takes place by infusing the area with amino acids, antioxidants, minerals & vitamins for maximum long-term results. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information on this new innovative filler technology.
The Liquid Facelift is a nonsurgical face lift treatment that restores youthful facial curves without the risk of surgery. It is designed to create a youthful fullness to the face as well as lifting and shaping facial contours which sag and hollow due to the natural aging process.
The lift involves using dermal filler technology in conjunction with muscle relaxants. Both components work synergistically to give you a visibly long lasting cosmetic result.
Each liquid facelift is tailored to individual needs. The result is not permanent, so you (in consultation with your aesthetic practitioner) can vary the treatment according to the look you desire.
A Skin Booster treatment (also known as ‘Skin Hydration’) involves multiple superficial micro-injections of a hyaluronic-acid based dermal filler to produce deep dermal hydration & a naturally luminous skin.
Hyaluronic acid is an essential skin component as it acts like a sponge to retain water & keep the skin moisturised, plump & healthy. Loss of hyaluronic acid & excessive oxidative stress are the main reasons for skin aging.
A new injectable gel combines hyaluronic acid with a patented ‘dermo-restructuring complex’ of potent antioxidants, minerals, amino acids & Vitamin B6. These natural components act synergistically to rehydrate the dermis & provide antioxidant protection resulting in smooth, plumped, radiant skin with health restored.
Skin Booster treatments are suitable for the face, neck, décolletage & hands. We recommend a treatment course of 3 sessions at 3 week intervals for optimal skin rejuvenation.
Collagen Stimulators are injected into the skin tissue & stimulate the skin to rebuild its own collagen, producing a gradual & very natural looking result. These fillers have the advantage of being longer lasting than the polysaccharide fillers, but will require numerous treatments to achieve optimal effect.
Treatment is straightforward. The collagen stimulator is injected with a very fine needle which produces only slight discomfort. Skin flushing, mild swelling & bruising may be temporarily observed. Each treatment session generally takes 20 minutes & the downtime is minimal.
The number of treatments required for your individual cosmetic effect depends on many factors including the structure of your skin, your age, health & lifestyle, as well as the degree of perfection you are seeking to achieve.
These alternative wrinkle fillers are very popular as they provide a long-lasting & natural cosmetic enhancement. As well as looking healthier & younger, you’ll feel fresher & more self-confident.
Lips are often considered to be the most beautiful & sensual part of the human body.
It is also recognised that women with beautiful lips feel more beautiful.
The beauty of the lip is reflected in the way it balances with the rest of the face. Bigger lips are not necessarily better – it is all about balance & proportionality.
When considering lip enhancement, it is important to choose a cosmetic practitioner who respects facial balance & symmetry. To simply add volume to the lips is a straightforward process, however, to ensure lip proportion & beauty requires skilful artistry & many years of training & experience.
Dr Katina Elfis (our lip guru) & her team of cosmetic Lip Professionals are specialists in lip ‘sculpture’. We approach lip enhancement in terms of refinement & contouring & not just volumisation.
You have all seen the pictures of the celebrity ‘trout pout’ where lips are overfilled by poorly skilled practitioners without regard to shape or proportion. Our Lip Professionals employ an expert shaping technique that involves the subtle & refined use of the highest grade medically approved lip fillers.
Lip enhancement injections are tailored precisely to your lips. This ensures that your lips are naturally shaped & beautifully balanced in proportion with your face.
In the hands of our lip experts, your lip enhancement treatment will be comfortable & professional. A dental nerve local anaesthetic may be utilised to minimise anxiety & discomfort. Downtime will vary with the individual. Swelling & occasionally bruising can occur, with the majority of symptoms resolving in 48 hours. Regular application of ice packs will assist the recovery process. You are more likely to react on your first treatment as ‘virgin lips’ can be more vulnerable to the injections. The effects of lip filler treatment also varies with the individual & can last initially from 4 – 6 months & over time, up to 12 months.
Lip Fillers in Perth
In Perth, lip fillers are used to:
- Increase Lip fullness & volume whilst maintaining facial balance & harmony
- Enhance Lip definition
- Reduce Lip lines (lipstick lines) & ‘lipstick bleed’
- Balance Lip asymmetry
- Improve Lip proportion (the ratio of 1:1.6 between the top & bottom lip is considered ideal)
- Improve Lip hydration
- Reconstruct the cupid’s bow
Our Lip Gallery
PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is also known as ‘Dracula Therapy’ or the ‘Vampire Facelift’ as it utilises your own cells from your own blood to regenerate new skin tissue. It is the ultimate biological skin rejuvenation treatment.
PRP is the name given to blood plasma with a high concentration of platelets. Platelets are components of blood integral in blood clotting & tissue repair. The concentrated platelets in PRP contain large doses of bioactive proteins (growth factors) that are pivotal in the repair & regeneration of tissues.
Growth factors are potent bioactive stimulators known to accelerate the natural healing process & stimulate new tissue growth. Growth factors are released when your PRP is injected into the skin in the target tissue. Dormant skin cells & stem cells are activated encouraging new collagen & epithelial cell growth. The overall result is a dramatic improvement in skin health & appearance.
The ‘Angel Lift’ refers to the enhanced skin rejuvenation effects observed from the PRP processed by the ANGEL blood separation system. Unlike the outdated test tube methods, ANGEL is able to retrieve the most concentrated portion of PRP from your blood resulting in a solution that is up to ten times more efficient in new cell growth than previous methods. The individual will notice more significant results that are visible sooner and require fewer treatments to achieve their desired rejuvenation effects.
The process of PRP skin rejuvenation takes approximately 1 hour. A topical anaesthetic cream will be applied to the treatment area to enhance comfort levels during the injection process. Side effects from the treatment can include swelling, bruising & redness which may persist for 24 – 48 hours. Occasionally, more significant bruising can result in longer downtime. Our patients are encouraged to enjoy a relaxing 20 minute OMNILUX medical LED light therapy immediately after the PRP treatment. This will reduce downtime and accelerate the rejuvenation process.
The PRP Angel Lift triggers a natural rejuvenation from within the skin, to brighten the complexion, improve the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles & boost the skin’s support structure. Results become apparent at 3 – 4 weeks after treatment and progressively improve over the course of 3 – 6 months.
Angel PRP in Perth is ideal in the treatment of:
- Fine lines and skin crepiness
- Crinkling around Eyes
- Dark Circles
- Enlarged Pores
- Thinning Skin on Hands, Neck and décolletage
- Poor Skin Tone and Texture
- Dry Skin
- Loss of Volume in the Face
Excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis, is a debilitating condition that can be embarrassing, uncomfortable, stressful and disabling.
Previously, a complicated surgical procedure known as a sympathectomy was the only remedy. Now there is a simple solution using a well known clinically approved injectable medication to correct excessive sweating.
Cosmetic injections for underarm sweating are a breakthrough treatment that will essentially stop underarm sweating for 6 – 12 months.
Treated with the same purified protein medication used to relax facial muscles for wrinkle removal, most individuals will experience complete resolution of their excess sweating problem. In fact, many people with a normal degree of underarm sweating elect to have this procedure because they enjoy the extra confidence & convenience that it gives. The reduction in underarm sweating exceeds that of any topical deodorant & often removes the need to use these products.
The treatment takes no more than 15 minutes & is very well tolerated. You will experience the benefits of less or no sweat in the underarms within days. The duration of effect varies with the individual, though most patients enjoy a sweat free period of 6 – 12 months. It is advised to repeat the treatment when your symptoms return.
This ‘no sweat’ treatment is a simple, cost effective, nonsurgical solution for underarm sweating that can relieve embarrassment & restore self-confidence.